Yesterday, I visited the BMC organised exhibition on management of solid waste. The venue, of the exhibition which is on today also, is Samaj Kalyan Kendra, Dahisar East, Mumbai. Through photos and remarks, I wish to give you a peep into the event. Going by the number of visitors, it could be made out that the ordinary citizen of India is waking up to the need of efficient solid waste management…at last!
- About 15 companies had put up their stalls, to showcase their latest products and technologies related to waste shredding, compacting & composting, and biogas production.
- Following is the list of companies who participated:
- Bhor Engineering
- K.B. Engineering
- Ferds Engineering
- Solwearth Ecotech
- Sustainable Resources
- Shree Aastha Mahila Bachat Gat
- V Kwality Composting
- Ecoman Enviro Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Panchtatva Technologists and Services
- Products on Display: They were generally in the category of bio-composters, ranging from a basket by Asmita Group, priced at Rs. 350 to the tumbling ones by Mahatech Orgi Compost, priced around 12-23 k for a pair. Then, there were mechanised organic waste composters, with the price range of Rs. 0.4-0.6 Million per machine. Apart from composters, bio-gas digesters, bio-tank, and waste shredders were also on display.
- Posters on Display:
Besides, useful information about composting, like in photos below, was also highlighted.
I conclude that I appreciate this initiative, and hope that it brings positive change in the field of Solid Waste Management in Mumbai and India.